Monday, September 26, 2011

Heartbroken

My heart felt like it had been ripped from my chest the moment we found out Avery had Fibular Hemimelia. At that point they hadn't given anything a proper diagnosis. The DRs said that this was very rare and the cause unknown. At the time I didn't care what it was, I just knew my baby had something wrong. I instantly was filled with sorrow of the challenges to come. Then I became very angry. I didn't want to talk to anyone, I didn't want to hear anyone's voice. The hour drive home was silent as I looked through the sonogram pictures with tears in my eyes. "why us, why now?", you ask yourself. We wanted a child so bad, we had done everything right. After arriving home I sat still in the chair thinking, things had never been so silent. I finally got the courage to call my mom. Hearing her voice tremble with the news made me sick at my stomach. I didn't want to talk much, but I had to call my work. I spoke to my boss for a moment, but again it was hard to speak. I cried the rest of the evening. Curled up on the shower floor I wailed. My husband had been crying but I know he tried to keep it from me. He was trying to be strong enough for the both of us, he knew I was a complete mess. He knew I didn't want to talk, so he just held me for several hours. It's hard to explain how I felt over the next few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment