Tuesday, September 27, 2011

He's here!

I had planned to work up until the day I went into labor and that's exactly what happened. Friday evening I got off about 6:30 and I started having contractions around 9. I took a bath, watched some Tv, and tried to go to bed. I was so afraid of going to the hospital too early and being sent home. I kept my husband updated on how I was doing since he works an hour away. I told him to stay there until the contractions got worse. I called him that morning after a restless night of sleep and told him I thought it was time. We waited at the hospital to be admitted and about 6 hours of active labor later he had finally arrived! Avery Allen was 6 lbs 12 oz and was very healthy. We opted to wait a little while to have visitors. This would be the first time we really got to see what DRs had spotted in the previous ultrasounds. Avery had noticeably bowed/ shortened Tibias, with dimpling on each shin. As well as missing and fused fingers. But he was perfect, no words can describe the joy I felt.I had waited so long and now he was finally in my arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment